Sugarless pumpkin pie energy bites

Would you like to have a quick, simple, almost non-cooking snack that's always ready? I simply love energy balls especially on a busy day on which I travel a lot. The reason being that, even if I'm driving, I can get fast energy in one or two bites. I would gladly hand some of them to those people enraged at the wheel. Have you noticed there is more of those people on the roads around meal time? I would argue that lots of them are hypoglycemics and don't know it!



Ingredients :
2 cups pumpkin puree,
1 cup ground almond,
2 cups pitless dates,
½ tsp ground cloves,
1 tsp ground ginger,
1 tsp ground nutmeg,
1 tsp ground cinnamon,
1 cup sugarless caroub chips,
2 servings protein powder ( either chocolate or vanilla ) *,
1 cup pumpkin seeds.
½ cup chia seeds.

Instructions :
Put dates in a pot with a little water. Warm over medium heat and stir until you get a puree.
Mix all other ingredients together and add date puree.
Form little balls with your hands.
Store 2 to 3 balls in containers to pick up on the go.
Refrigerate or freeze ( when I leave for the day, I pick the frozen ones and they are always thawed and good during the day ).



* My protein powder contains a small amount of sucralose. It is very difficult to find sugarless protein powders on the market, mainly because they are always sweetened with either artificial ( sucralose, aspartam... ) or natural sweeteners ( stevia, agave nectar ). For hypoglycemics, it is important to watch the amount of sweeteners ingested, because for some the body reacts to it as if it was normal sugar. As for me, I find that if it is accompanied by a good dose of protein, the result is pretty much the same as eating a fruit. 

0 comments

Recettes Seulement

Flickr Images

Popular Posts