Agave syrup with stevia extract

Say, what a surprise! Look at what I found at Winner's. You read right. Not a health food store, not a specialty food store, not a food store at all, Winner's, the clothes store. You know when you stand in line to the cashiers, there is this isle of knick-knacks placed there either because they had no room for it, or because they want you to buy more. Well, kudoo's to the marketing team, because I did buy more!



Neverthless, I admit I had never seen it before. And believe you me... It's delicious!

" This is unbelievable! It's got to be forbidden, but give me!"
My belly going crazy.

It is so tasty that you don't need much. So, no: it isn't forbidden for hypoglycemics, unless you are very sensitive to everything tasting sweet. It doesn't say so, but I think there is vanilla extract too. My recommandation is to add a little syrup to plain yogourt, unsweetened cereals or on pancakes, as I feel that using it in baking would hinder it's delicate flavor.

The label "Jordan's skinny Syrups" made me smile as it looks targeted at people on diets. Recently, I saw " Skinny Girl" liquid water enhancers ( those squirt things ) sweetened with stevia at Loblaw's. Is this another health trend here? 

"Zero calories! Too good to be true! I want more!"
My marketing-fool belly.

All things considered, it is best to moderately use any sweeteners, particularly to avoid cultivating cravings for sweet taste. This reminds me that I wanted to write a post on sweeteners and one with tips to stay on track of the " less or no sugar " path for some time. To make sure you don't miss a thing, I invite you to subscribe to the newsletter. 





0 comments

Recettes Seulement

Flickr Images

Popular Posts